The Prussian Flag

The Prussian Flag

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Rulers of Prussia#1

Dear Journal,

The Hohenzollern family has died out and our country, Prussia, has turned to the elector of Brandenburg. Population decreased and devastation rose, which weakend the power of the Estates in Prussia. The weakening of of the political power and estates is the exact reason why I, Frederick William, otherwise known as the "Great Elector" came to royal absolutism. I am 22 years old and I am determined to unify and bring peace to three provinces and add them by dipolomacy and war. I consider myself a fair person. Although the estates of Bradenburg and Prussia are dominated by the nobility and landowning class and have much power, I have recently reduced and limited their political power. I taxed towns , made Prussia an absolutist state and demanded more money for soliders in war. If I am oppossed I will arest and imprison that person/persons without trial.

Frederick William "The Great Elector"

Michelle Bellifemine

No comments: